I added some key points about how you can manage linux servers and also decide whether install malware protection programs or not. You should follow some basic and also important security rules for keep linux servers safe.
- Update Software with trusted repositories
- Remove Unnecessary Applications and services.
- Beware about security and manage Linux User Roles
- Don’t install untrusted software. Use recommended Resource.
- Monitor user and process activity with advance tools.
On the other hand , Why linux needs Antivirus program less than Windows?
- Package Manager and Software Repositories
- Install only trusted package which shared by Trusted Platforms.
- Other Security Feautures
- Linux use limited users while running applications. Only they use Root accounts for spesific jobs when they needs.
- Low Market Share and Malware Count
- Very little linux malware exists .And Linux malware isn’t all over the Internet like Windows malware is. You can protect linux server by mananaging security vulnerability.
It doesn’t mean that you will never needs malware protection programs for linux . A simple example when you should use Antivirus Programs for linux;
- If you are running a linux-base file server or mail server , you should probaby need to use antivirus program for linux. Because you will give services not only linux server but also windows server. Virus program will scan file and gets malwares which can effect other software. This is the point that you should evaluate if you need antivirus program for your linux server.
Latest posts by Abdurrahim (see all)
- How to handleContinuous Integration lifecycle with Travis ci and Github - June 14, 2019
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features - May 24, 2019
- SSL Certificate Purpose flag “Any Purpose” - April 1, 2019